Saturday, September 6, 2008

Something to ponder

This week has been busy and full of wonderful revelations. I attended a networking function with wall to wall women in business. It made me curious about what really moves a business to success. While I can see that several different applications make contributions to the overall cause, what pushes it over the top? I suppose that the meaning of success plays a large role in the path to get there. In this particular room full of women, I stumbled across what appeared to be several different meanings of success.

Challenged to snap into the way of the room (purposed to push my business into the limelight-eager to be noticed) I stepped back and continued to witness and watch. What is it? At this point, it can't be a popularity contest (which really wasn't working for me anyway). It has to be deeper than that.

Hmmmmmmm... all that I could come up with... passion and connection. Standing in our place of passion is magical. Passion and purpose create a draw. We don't have to work so hard. We live it. When we talk... passion and purpose come out. When we stand... passion and purpose stand with us. It's much stronger than anything we can come up with in our head. It's connected to a bigger purpose and it's contagious... beyond our control. This is where I yearn to stand.

What about you? What inspires you? What does moving forward look like in your neck of the woods?

Warmly,
Robin




No comments: